Monday, October 6, 2008

Disability Information

Mr. Sullivan did a great job presenting the material, and I think that it made it so much more effective that has a disability. Therefore, he understands the importance of the tools he talked about. I learned that there are several programs that help people with disabilities to access the Internet. For example, there are programs that magnify the screen, some that read the words on the screen to you, and one that translates what is on the screen to braille so that they can read it with their fingers. I also learned that the website's creator has to add special features to their website to allow this helping programs to read and access the website and the information on it. I kind of got lost in the presentation when he was actually talking about you make a website accessible, but I know their are several governing bodies that have regulations on the topic. I think that it is very important for everyone no matter what their disability to be able to access the Internet.

No comments: